Lentil, kale and mushroom bolognese with wholegrain spaghetti
This super easy vegan bolognese is full of energy rich kale and lentils and vitamin-D rich mushrooms. Suitable for weaning babies, either puree or chop into small pieces as required. Plus, there’s nothing more fun that watching little children try and eat spaghetti!
Ready in: 25mins
Serving Size: 4
Dietary info: Dairy Free Vegan Vegetarian Baby-Friendly Batchcooking Date Night Food Family Food Lunch/Dinner Plant-Based Pregnancy Friendly
- 1 red onion, sliced and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- A dozen chestnut mushrooms, sliced and diced
- 2 x 400g canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- A splash of red wine vinegar (optional)
- Approx 150g wholegrain spaghetti per adult
- 2 x 400g cans of green lentils, drained
- Approx 60g fresh kale, washed and woody stalks removed
- Olive oil
How To Make It
Step 1.Add the onion, some olive oil and a pinch of salt to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes then add the dried oregano, paprika and basil, garlic and mushrooms. Mix well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Step 2.Add the tomatoes, lentils and vinegar and cook for 10 minutes or so until the sauce reduces down. Put the spaghetti on to cook according to packet instructions.
Step 3.Add the kale to the bolognese, cook for a further 2-3 minutes then serve along with the spaghetti
Serve & Enjoy
So much great veg here especially vitamin D rich mushrooms and folate rich kale. Plus the lentils are such a great source of fibre.